Sports First Aid – Scottish Youth Football Association – recognised First Aid supplier
The SFA Club Licensing includes the requirement that all clubs have at least one person with Sports First Aid training on the touchline with all teams where a chartered Physiotherapist is not present. We have developed an 8 hour Sports First Aid course designed to meet all the criteria suggested by the SFA Medical Committee.
To meet the requirements of the SYFA criteria the course consists of 8 hours tutor:candidate contact time with additional pre-course reading and assessment.
- Roles & responsibilities of the first aider
- First aid at sporting events
- The first aid room and first aid kit
- Incident assessment – including sending for help and personal safety
- CPR and use of AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Safe airway positions
- Action for vomiting, choking and suspected heart attack
- Head and facial injuries
- Management of concussion based on new Scottish guidelines
- Spinal injuries
- Limb injuries – soft tissue, dislocation & fracture
- Management of wounds & burns
- Medical conditions including diabetes, stroke, heart attack
- Environmental issues – conditions caused by heat and cold
The course includes scenario-based teaching of expected injury situations in sport and uses a systems based approach to managing first aid incidents based on the letters of the alphabet which is simple to use and easy to remember – the ABC of First Aid.
Sports First Aid – SYFA 8 hours | £95/candidate
For group bookings and individual quotes, please contact Lucy:
We will be very happy to discuss your First Aid training needs.