6 hour | 1 day course
ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
This qualification is regulated in England and Wales by the external regulators of qualifications – Ofqual and the Qualifications Wales.
This qualification indicates an individual can undertake the role of first aider in a position that has responsibility of caring for infants and children. It may also have been identified as necessary by a workplace risk assessment.
The qualification will benefit all who spend time in the early years environment and with pre-puberty children.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- Providing first aid for an infant or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Provide first aid for an infant or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Provide first aid for an infant or child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Provide first aid to an infant or child with external bleeding
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who is suffering shock
- Provide first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
The course focuses on practical learning and candidates are assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
For group bookings and individual quotes, please contact Lucy:
We will be very happy to discuss your First Aid training needs.
Next course: Saturday 12th October 2019, Peebles