SCQF LEVEL 6
ITC Certificate in First Aid at Work
If employees are working in higher risk environments where they may be faced with life-threatening incidents or where they may have to manage illness, injury, poisoning or burns then the 3 day First Aid at Work course will meet statutory first aid requirements.
This qualification indicates an individual can undertake the role of First Aider in the workplace that may have been identified by a workplace risk assessment, and can be relied upon by employers to satisfy the due diligence requirements of the HSE for FAW training providers.
Successful completion of the course will result in knowledge and skills that have been identified by the HSE for the safe, effective and prompt treatment of injuries and illness in the workplace.
- Minimum 18 hours tutor contact time
- 1:12 tutor : candidate ratio (maximum number)
- 3 years certificate lifetime
- The HSE strongly recommend candidates take an annual 3 hour refresher during the lifetime of the qualification
- FAW requalification is by taking the full FAW qualification again. Provided the candidates FAW certificate has not expired by more than 1 calendar month the contact time may be reduced to 12 hours over 2 days.
- Roles & responsibilities
- Dealing with collapse (breathing and non breathing)
- Bleeding & shock
- CPR and AED use
- Minor injuries
- First Aid kits
- Accident reporting
- Major illnesses
- Common and serious workplace injuries
- Anaphylactic shock
- Eye injuries
This course is designed to provide essential life-saving skills. The course focuses on practical learning and candidates are assessed through observation and three multiple choice question papers.
Swift First Aid run regular FAW courses in the Scottish Borders.
Courses are run on a maximum ratio of 1:12
Places £240/candidate (minimum group size 4)
Mileage charge may apply
For group bookings and individual quotes, please contact Lucy:
We will be very happy to discuss your First Aid training needs.